Monday, January 26, 2009

No news.......Still no news.........Nothing........Still.

Okay, so I intended only to post on here when I actually had something to post about. Otherwise this blog would just end up being:

THURSDAY JANUARY 22nd 2009

No news yet
FRIDAY JANUARY 23th 2009
Still no news
MONDAY JANUARY 26 TH 2009
Received a lot of mail today. No rejections or offers of admission from the colleges though.


Decidedly not thrilling.
I know that I will be contacted by all the places that I have applied to, by regular old fashion mail.
I know this.
Yet the application site says: "When a college issues you an Offer of Admission, it will be posted here, so check this page regularly."
So I'm checking it everyday like some kind of gomer. I would really like to put it out of my mind. I've done all I can do for the time being. Now I just have be patient. Which is turning out to be much easier to say than to do.
I would like to receive an acceptance in the mail and think "Oh, what's this? Oh yes that's right, I remember, I applied to college all those weeks ago and they have made a decision. How nice."
While the truth is I'm thinking about it every single day. So, it's safe to assume that if there's no post there's no news, and that I will be on here composing a post the second I have a letter from any of the the colleges in my little hands.
I guess there's nothing to do but sit around listening to Tom Petty *sigh*

2 comments:

  1. There are worse things to do than sit around listening to Tom Petty! But o hope the news comes soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's true! There really are.
    And the truth is when I'm actually at school, I'll miss these days at home with the boy so much, I think that they went by so quickly.....
    Funny how the passage of time is influenced by our moods ;)

    ReplyDelete